Once you learn how to automate your Shopify marketing process, sales start driving themselves.
It’s a wonderful process of trial and testing until you finally create a winning marketing strategy that will have you set for quite some time.
With all this in mind, this guide is going to be crucial for you if you want to learn how to promote your Shopify dropshipping products and brand.
What Is Shopify Marketing?
Shopify marketing is a process of driving visitors to your store and convincing them to buy your product.
The best part about Shopify marketing is that it can all be automated up to the point where you don’t have to do a whole lot of work every day.
However, in order to achieve this, you first have to study and learn the different types of marketing strategies that can be implemented to grow a Shopify dropshipping store.
Different Types of Shopify Marketing
First of all, Shopify itself will not do the marketing for you. However, it does provide several helpful tools that you can definitely use to your advantage. Furthermore, you can use a few different Shopify marketing methods to drive traffic and boost dropshipping sales.
- Facebook ads
- Instagram marketing
- TikTok marketing
- Email marketing
- Google Ads
- Pinterest Ads
- Pinterest organic traffic
These are the main ways you should concern yourself when it comes to creating a successful Shopify marketing strategy. However, keep in mind that the same marketing strategy may not work on all platforms.
Each of these advertising platforms has its own rules and algorithms and does not always respond positively to the same tactics.
How to Market a Shopify Store — Best Practices
Before marketing your Shopify store, there are several other important things you must consider and prepare.
For example, if you choose to use Facebook ads, you can’t run a Shopify marketing campaign without first creating a Facebook business page and account.
Additionally, a few other crucial best practices you can take advantage of when creating a Shopify marketing strategy are the following:
- Set up all of your pixels and data tracking metrics for each platform
- Make sure you are ready for branded dropshipping (create a good logo, choose color themes, etc..)
- Set up a foundation for organic traffic (SEO, posting blogs, engaging on all social media platforms, posting videos and other free content, and so on.)
10 Most Effective Shopify Marketing Strategies
These are some highly effective Shopify marketing tactics that anyone can use to scale their dropshipping store.
Always Have an Active Referral Program
Setting up an affiliate link for your dropshipping store basically leads to free money. Usually, there’s no such thing as free money but this is the closest thing to it when it comes to dropshipping.
Here’s how affiliate, or referral links, work:
- Step 1: Install a referral program app on your Shopify store such as Referral Candy
- Step 2: Take 10 minutes of your time to set up a referral program and link
- Step 3: Use this link in your ad offers, on your homepage, on notification pop-ups, in your email marketing campaigns, and basically everywhere you can
To learn more, don’t miss our extended list of the best marketing apps on Shopify.
It allows other people to sell for you in return for a commission. Even though you get lower dropshipping profits, you still only invested about 10 minutes of your time in this and nothing else.
Plus, this referral program can scale infinitely and start earning you some serious cash all on its own simply by people sharing it with each other.
Both you and your affiliates make money at the same time.
Lookalike Audiences Should Be Your Main Goal
If you’re doing Facebook ads for dropshipping, your main goal at first should be reaching the criteria for Lookalike Audiences.
However, in order to be able to create a Lookalike Audience on Facebook, you first need a source audience that has already visited your online store and performed some kind of action (preferably a conversion).
The main goal of Lookalike Audiences on Facebook is to target people who are extremely similar to your existing customers (people who’ve already bought something from you). With this Shopify marketing strategy, your Shopify store will display a towering increase in conversions.
High-Quality Content Beats Anything In the Long Run
If you post relevant and actually valuable content from day one, your chances of seeing amazing results increase exponentially as time passes.
So many people overlook content marketing. It’s one of the most valuable forms of marketing that provides completely free value for your customers to be.
What’s included in high-quality content:
- Engaging, exciting, and informative Reels and TikTok Videos
- Well-structured blog posts that answer the most asked questions in your niche or about your brand/product
- Fun and informative Youtube videos
- Interesting podcasts on the most popular platforms
- Twitch streams where you get to engage with your community in real-time
Send Automated Email Sequences to Your Visitors
Email marketing allows you to send promotions and various offers to highly targeted visitors that have given you their email. This method of Shopify marketing is completely free, as all you have to do is write the emails and send them out.
Then, you can get hundreds or even thousands of eyes on your products based on how many emails you’ve collected.
So, here’s why you should never overlook email marketing as a highly effective Shopify marketing strategy.
- Half of the world’s population uses email
- Abandoned cart emails significantly decrease the number of your abandoned carts and increase conversion rates
- The ROI of proper email marketing is well over 1000%.
At the start, you should focus on structuring and sending out the following types of emails:
- First Email: This is also known as the Welcome Email. It increases user engagement by up to 500%. Send your prospects a simple email welcoming them to your store, brand, and community. Maybe even offer a free gift or discount code.
- Discount Email: This type of email should contain a list of products that are currently discounted only for the recipients of this email. You can also add a bonus discount code that ends soon to entice prospects to hurry up and buy.
- Referral Email: This is where you can introduce your referral program to everyone on your email list. It’s a free way to get as many people as you can to sign up for the program and start making you money.
- Abandoned Cart Email: The purpose of this email is to remind those visitors who’ve reached check out but didn’t go through with it that they can still buy their items. According to Klaviyo’s research, the success rate of abandoned cart emails that include a coupon code is over 40%.
Host Giveaways, Especially in the Beginning
Giveaways are an amazing way to grow your brand. They don’t result in a direct increase in sales, but they help build a brand that eventually sells on its own.
The main benefits of doing frequent giveaways are:
- Growing your social media presence basically for free
- They help you determine your target audience by seeing who wants to participate
- It’s a free way to generate high-quality leads
- You get to have fun
This is how you will want to go about the giveaway process on social media
- Decide a product or huge discount code that you’ll be giving away
- Create a post and list a few requirements to enter (ideally, you need to make people follow you and share the post with 2-3 of their friends to boost exposure)
- Set a reasonable date to allow you enough time for the post to be shared lots of times and for many people to enter
- Draw the winner randomly by hosting a live video on social media
Donate to Charity
Donating some of your earnings to charity is one of the most humble and effective ways to increase your revenue.
It’s a Shopify marketing strategy that involves creating a simple page where you explain that you donate a certain percentage of your monthly earnings to a charity of your, or the community’s choice.
Why is this an effective tactic?
Because lots of people out there like to play some part in helping others. This way, they actually can.
NOTE: You should actually make good on your promise and donate to charities every month. Do not try to scam your customers and keep all of your profits after you’ve made this promise. Eventually, it will come back to bite you.
Join Forces With Other Brands
Another highly effective method to get a good boost at the start for your brand is to collaborate with other brands. Ideally, you’ll want to look for brands that are similar to yours. Don’t worry, you don’t have to always be competitive in this line of business.
Here’s how this works.
Initially, you should look for similar brands and contact as many of them as you can to ask for a collaboration.
Then, when you find a positive response, your best choice is to negotiate a revenue share deal. This means that you and the other brand will share the revenue you’ve made during your partnership.
After that, it’s up to you and the other brand to discuss what type of promotions you’re going to do. The most common deal many brands make here is social media giveaways.
Use Facebook Ads Library to Create Successful Ads
Many beginners don’t know this but you can actually spy on the Facebook ads of Shopify stores.
With this Shopify marketing strategy, you can search for any type of product you like, find their ads, and discover what works and how to replicate it with your own unique flair.
Here’s how it works:
- Go to Facebook Ad Library
- Select a country
- Select the type of ads you want to see
- Type in your keyword
- Hit Enter
The main factor you need to look for here is whether an ad is active and how long it has been active for.
The longer an ad has been active the more successful it is, obviously. No one will keep their ads active for long periods of time if they’re not making any money.
To see this data, simply click on See ad details under each ad.
Create and Automate a Sales Funnel
E-Commerce sales funnels are among the best ways to automate your money-making process. They involve crafting an automated process that takes your visitors from simple spectators to buyers.
Follow these steps to create a simple sales funnel that can do all the selling for you.
This funnel is divided into three steps.
First, you must grab the attention of visitors. This is usually done through very enticing ad headlines or ad creatives. In this first step, you don’t sell anything. You just entice and inspire any visitors to want to learn more about your product.
Second, you show them all the ways your product will make their lives better. This is done on the landing page in your store. After they click on your ad, they will be taken to your landing page where you convince them to buy the product.
This is a simple guide explaining how to create a high-converting dropshipping landing page. Make good use of it!
Finally, the last step involves the product page where it’s finally time to purchase the product. You must carefully construct your product page with stunning product images, product descriptions, videos, benefits, lists, gifs, and everything else you can to make sure everyone who reaches this far buys the product.
Learn More: How to Write Effective Product Descriptions.
Do Revenue Shares With Influencers
This Shopify marketing strategy is the cheapest one here. It doesn’t require any budget whatsoever but it does require a bit of time at the start.
The plan is the following:
- You find established influencers on Instagram or TikTok within your niche
- You contact as many of them as you can, proposing a revenue share deal
A revenue share deal is basically you asking them to promote your product for free and taking a percentage of what they end up earning you. You don’t pay anything upfront and are still left with decent profits without spending a single cent.
You’re all set now to go ahead and take advantage of all these Shopify marketing tactics for your Shopify dropshipping store. Focus on the easiest ones first and move up to the more difficult ones until you finally uncover a winner.
Remember, not every Shopify marketing strategy will work for every product out there. You must test until you stumble upon a winner that can change your life for the better.