Are you feeling overwhelmed with doing a lot’s of organizing and managing data and logistics and never getting to an end? We want you to know that you are not alone!
With today’s enormous growth in online sales, which has doubled during COVID it’s no wonder you need help. But no worries!
We offer you a magic solution that can make all your worries fade away. We will guide you to find your best fulfillment company.
When you outsource fulfillment to a third-party logistics (3PL) partner like ShipBob, you gain access to a robust fulfillment distribution network as well as advanced technology to help you optimize your supply chain.
ShipBob handles both direct-to-consumer and business-to-business fulfillment for you, allowing you to spend more time on improving customer relationships rather than being dragged down by time-consuming logistics tasks.
In this article we provide you with a ShipBob fulfillment review in detail, so you can make a decision easily.
Thus, ShipBob is an order fulfillment service company that offers e-commerce businesses shipping and logistics solutions. ShipBob is dedicated to assisting small and medium-sized e-commerce businesses in expanding their global reach. It is a full-package service provider with proprietary software that includes:
- complete inventory management, with picking, storing, packing, and shipping.
- inventory management tools that enable you to automate and manage inventory in real-time.
- warehouse management systems,
- order management systems
- customer support,
- returns management,
- e-commerce integrations,
- support teams to provide the best fulfillment for your business.
Exactly what do you need? Let’s dig into some more ShipBob reviews.
How does ShipBob work?
When you first sign up with ShipBob, you’ll be assigned with an implementation specialist who will assist you with everything, from customizing your shipping options to integrating your e-commerce websites.
The company provides a high level of support throughout the whole partnership journey, ensuring maximum usage and minimal roadblocks.
- ShipBob is designed to help your business build stronger relationships with customers. It offers you next-day and 2-day delivery services to brands looking to drive growth through outstanding customer service. Furthermore, you can connect this solution with the online stores you’ve already begun developing. It also provides businesses with a quick stress-free installation, automatic updates, and secured data backup.
- ShipBob’s inventory management system uses cloud computing technology. It provides companies with enormous potential for increasing fulfillment efficiency, real-time monitoring, and forecasting of business operations. It also provides a real-time view of the stock. This offers you a detailed view of your business at any given time.
Sounds good? Let’s go into more of the ShipBob review!
- Another benefit of using ShipBob services is that it enables you to use their personalized brand-name boxes to provide their customers with a memorable first impression during unboxing. This enables you to determine how customers will perceive your brand.
- ShipBob provides the company with a dedicated account manager who you can contact at any time with questions or for advice on how to expand your business. It also takes care of operational errors in less than 90 days of the issue.
Or, gathering all together, when you choose ShipBob, you get a system that controls the entire logistics stack, including the inventory management software you will be using, the warehouse management software used by their fulfillment centers, and the fulfillment centers themselves.
Where is ShipBob located?
ShipBob is located in five of the country’s most populous areas: New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, and Dallas.
Because of its proximity to merchants and customers, ShipBob can offer next-day and two-day delivery services, at a lower cost to small businesses. You can check for more details on the ShipBob website, about the specific location and working hours.
Who should use ShipBob?
ShipBob is the most beginner-friendly service, and if you are one of them, this might be the best solution for you!
ShipBob is a customizable and simple-to-use fulfillment solution that we recommend for dropshipping e-commerce retailers. Its features assist businesses in achieving Amazon-scale logistics, enabling independent e-commerce retailers to reach the high expectations of today’s online shoppers.
Solopreneurs have overtaken their fulfillment operation because ShipBob’s Growth Plan makes the platform extremely accessible by eliminating restrictive order minimums, tailoring pricing, and maximizing scalability.
ShipBob is also suitable for direct-to-consumer brands since it has warehouses in 27 location areas around the world, that optimize shipping costs, transit times, and the delivery experience for the entire customer base. Furthermore, ShipBob is ideal for
Crowdfunding ventures may benefit from ShipBob because it is one of the few providers in the fulfillment industry that offers bulk software for limited goods.
To obey state and local regulations, businesses that sell FDA-regulated health products, food and beverages, cosmetics, and medical goods must use FDA-certified handling. ShipBob provides FDA-approved climate-controlled storage capacity facilities to ensure uninterrupted supply chain compliance.
Have you found yourself somewhere in these words? We guess yes, and we are happy to help with more!
ShipBob review: Pricing
ShipBob pricing is customized based on the client, combining volume discounts and service-level customizations to get the best deal for your company. As a result, we recommend you consider calling ShipBob directly for a quotation.
Below you can check some of the standard pricing on services that ShipBob offers:
- Receiving: covers Inbound stock receipt, unpack, and check-in and it costs $25 first two hours, and $40 per man-hour after that. This
- Inventory Storage: covers Climate-controlled storage, security, and inventory management and it costs $40 per pallet/month, $10 per shelf/month, and $5 per bin/month.
- Inbound Shipping: Available discounts, it covers discounted rates available with ShipBob’s common carriers
- Pick and Pack: $0 up to 4 picks,20 cents per additional item.
- Packaging Materials: $0 – costs are included in the fulfillment fee. This includes free standard boxes, bubble mailers, poly mailers, book folds, and dunnage.
- Shipping: $0 – ( costs are included in the fulfillment fee). Here are considered discounted shipping costs vary depending on the size, weight, and destination of your goods.
- Returns: This covers return processing, quality check, and restocking and it costs $3 per order.
- Special Projects: hour covers Versatile labor to handle open-ended additional needs, such as product labeling and supplier management and it costs $45/man.
- Promotional Inserts: 20 cents. This includes adding a card or flyer, by the merchant, to orders during packaging.
ShipBob’s regular expenses in each service model include personalized services at no extra cost, built-in support for any bugs and problems, and expectational growth support in different locations and customer bases.
ShipBob review: Key Features
1. Inventory management
Managing your inventory is critical for any type of business. Today, Inventory management is extremely crucial for an organization’s survival.
ShipBob inventory management system helps you to:
- keep track of your inventory and provide a centralized view of stock;
- they control your costs by creating stock reports for inventory analysis;
- they manage planning and forecasting by analyzing data trends;
- they improve your delivery by managing stock-outs and meeting customer expectations,
- they reduce the time required for inventory management by keeping records in place.
All of this is possible with a few mouse clicks thanks to ShipBob’s sophisticated technology. Orders and inventory are synced between your ShipBob dashboard and e-commerce stores in real-time.
2. Order Management
An order management system is a digital method of managing an order’s lifecycle. It is a back-end process used to manage and fulfill customer orders online. Order management systems are now a must-have for your e-commerce businesses because they allow you to track all information and processes, such as order entry, fulfillment and after-sales service, inventory management, and so on.
ShipBob’s order management system:
- processes orders by status
- allows you to search for specific orders and tracks the progress of an order in real-time with a time and date.
- make changes to your orders, after they’ve been purchased,
- map your store’s shipping options to ShipBob,
- automatically share tracking information with your customers
How ShipBob order management system work?
First, you connect your store to ShipBob, and then you send your inventory to fulfillment centers near you. ShipBob processes the inventory and stores it in the designated locations after receiving it.
Following this, each order placed by your customers is routed to ShipBob’s order management system.
Next, based on your customer’s location and inventory levels, ShipBob assigns it to the most convenient fulfillment center.
Then ShipBob will pick, package, and ship the order, providing your customer with an order tracking number to track order status. You can also use the ShipBob dashboard to track the status of all your orders.
3. Advanced Reporting
You can keep track of what matters most to you with ShipBob, such as:
- revenue of orders shipped,
- expense breakdowns,
- peak fulfillment hours,
- sales of orders by USPS zone,
- sales by channel, and
- forecasted revenue.
This data provides insights that can assist you in planning ahead of time and making better fulfillment and inventory decisions.
4. Returns Management
Allow customers to generate return shipping labels and track returns at every step of the way by automating your returns process quickly and affordably.
ShipBob provides return management services that make returns quick and easy for your customers while also processing and refilling your available inventory as quickly as possible.
ShipBob is a full-service provider, and its returns management system helps you manage processes that begin with customers wanting to return a product and end with the business collecting, organizing, and restocking that product.
5. Customer support
If you work with an outsourced order fulfillment partner as a dropshipping e-commerce store, your communication is key. You must be notified in real-time whether your customer has received their order.
You can use ShipBob software to access the customer success team’s help center and get any answers you need. You could also get direct assistance by using their live chat button during business hours or their contact form outside of business hours.
If you need help with a specific order, go to your ShipBob dashboard and select Orders from the left side menu. Select Processing, On Hold, Completed, Exception, or Cancelled depending on the order’s status.
Then, on the relevant order ID, click the Get Help button in the top right corner of the page. When a form appears, select the category of the problem you’re having and describe your request. Then, click Send, and a representative will assist you.
6. Ecommerce Integrations
ShipBob provides integration to multiple channels and stores. You can easily sync your online marketplace with ShipBob’s software with a few clicks.
ShipBob integrates with all major e-commerce platforms and marketplaces to import orders and send data back and forth for a two-way flow of information, including BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Shopify, Amazon, and eBay.
ShipBob review: Integrations & Partners
ShipBob provides seamless integrations with all of the leading e-commerce platforms. These direct integrations are free and take only 30 seconds to 3 minutes to link.
The company also provides API capabilities for personalized connectivity with platforms for which installation and commissioning integrations have not been developed yet. This process takes longer and costs more money.
The list of direct integrations of ShipBob includes :
- e-commerce marketplaces and platforms like, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Shopify, Shopify Plus, eBay, Amazon, Walmart, Squarespace, Wix, Square, and Backerkit.
- Operations, inventory, and order management, with Package Bee, Order Desk, Zentail, Cin 7, Inventory Planner, Skubana, Gorgias, Cart Rover, and SPS Commerce.
- Custom Packaging and Design Solutions– Arka
- Returns management. – Returnly, Happy Returns, and LoopReturns for
- Freight and shipping solutions with FedEx, DHL, US Postal Service, UPS, Pachama, ShipStation, and Rush.
- Crowdfunding– BackerKit.
- Accounting, tax, and financing– KickPay
Users’ feedback matters
ShipBob has mostly positive online reviews, especially on trusted sites like Trustpilot, where 74% of more than 400 users rated their experience as “excellent.”
Many users discuss their experiences with ShipBob’s software. They emphasize its functionality in many aspects of their business. Others write good reviews about their account manager’s knowledge and speed of response.
Several users reported that the service’s two-day express shipping option reduced their overall shipping costs and reduced shopping cart abandonment rates.
Negative Trustpilot reviews for ShipBob include lost inventory, billing disputes, and the use of untrustworthy couriers.
Reviewers who mention the Growth Plan say it’s a little difficult to set up but worth it for the impact, it has on their small business. But, this is a very small percentage of people.
Still in doubt whether ShipBob is the best choice?
ShipBob enables online stores of all sizes, including startups and nontraditional businesses, to access enterprise-level order fulfillment and logistics.
Its insightful software connects to all of your e-commerce tools and provides visibility into every detail of your fulfillment service, thanks to an open API and a large number of pre-built fully managed integrations.
ShipBob is a good choice for your business because of its simple and affordable pricing. It is a global order fulfillment solution that more than 7,000 brands rely on to ship orders wherever their customers make a purchase.
According to statistics, ShipBob assisted many businesses in saving 13 % on costs, reducing cart abandonment by 18%, increasing average order value by 97%, and saving 120 working hours per week.
With these ShipBob reviews and data, you can easily make the right choice for the e-commerce service provider that is most suitable for you.
If you want to consider more options, you can check other best e-commerce fulfillment services for your dropshipping store.